Kia Motors hosted the world premiere of its first car for India –Kia Seltos. The indigenously manufactured, Seltos oozes contemporary and stylish design with plush and spacious interiors. The vehicle boasts many world, India and segment firsts with class leading safety features, making the vehicle capable to disrupt the segment and create a niche for itself. Kia Seltos comes equipped with Smartstream, a third-generation powertrain developed for high efficiency and powerful performance. Originally slated for India, the vehicle hosts world class design, quality and features and now will also be available in global markets from the 4th quarter of 2019.
The Seltos comes equipped with Smartstream – newly developed third generation BS VI compliant powertrain for high efficiency and powerful performance. The Seltos, by offering BSVI diesel and petrol engines, reiterates Kia Motors’ commitment towards offering cleaner mobility solution. The vehicle will come in petrol, turbo-petrol and diesel guise and will be offered in three automatic transmission options – IVT, (Intelligent continuously variable transmission) 7DCT, 6AT and, along with 6 Speed Manual transmission – giving users options to choose the combo that conforms to their driving style. To further elevate the driving experience the Seltos gets multiple driving modes that alters the responsiveness of the car and transforms the car’s driving character optimizing the performance on all conditions.
Drivers can choose from ‘Normal’, ‘Eco’ and ‘Sport’ mode. It also comes equipped with multiple grip controls. Drivers can choose from mud, wet and sand mode depending on road condition.
Kia’s very first product for India flaunts a bold, distinctive and dynamic design. The mid-SUV sports a wide Tiger nose grille, one of the most unique and recognizable design elements of Kia Motors’ world-class design philosophy. The robust design character of a conventional SUV co-exists with sophisticated exterior design details and is drawn out from real life inspirations, such as a long hood, a robust and sophisticated character line on the front bumper, and sharp lines pressed into the bodywork. Its strong shoulder line, matched with a glasshouse, which tapers towards the rear of the car, as well as rear bumper with a metallic muffler effect, lends the compact SUV an air of understated sportiness. Seltos has 8 sensuous color combinations and 5 two tone colour options. By using different colors and two-tone roof combinations, customers can select their car based on their tastes.
- Kia signature Tiger Nose Grille
- Crown Jewel LED headlamps
- Kia Signature Heartbeat shape LED DRL & tail lamps
- Ice cube LED Fog lamps
- 3D Multilayer Side turn indicator
- Diamond shape knurling on front grille
- Well-designed Lower Air dam & Bumper
- 8 colours and 5 two tone options
- Dual muffler design on rear bumpers
- Bridge chrome line on rear
Kia Seltos comes equipped with the globally famous UVO connect, an advanced connected car technology which offers an array of convenience and safety features. The UVO boasts 37 smart features under five distinct categories i.e. Navigation, Safety and Security, Vehicle Management, Remote Control and Convenience. The UVO facility will be free for the first three years for its users.
- AI Voice Command
- Stolen vehicle tracking and immobilization
- Auto Collision Notification, SOS-emergency assistance etc.
- Remote engine start & stop
- Remotely operated Air Purifier and In Car Air Quality Monitor
- Safety alert (Geo fence, Time Fence, Speed, Valet, Idle)
- Light weight yet Robust structure: 73%High Strength Steel and segment’s 1st Hot Stamping
- 6 Airbags | ABS (Anti-lock Brake System)| ESC (Electronic Stability Control) | HAC | VSM (Vehicle Stability Management) | Traction control system | BAS (Brake-Assist System) | HAC (Hill-start Assist Control)
- Stolen vehicle notification, tracking and immobilization
- Stolen vehicle notification and tracking
- Segment 1st 360 degree camera with Blind View Monitor and driving rear view monitor (DRVM)
- Rear & Front Parking Sensor
Expected Price: Rs. 14-20 Lakh
Kia will go live with a vast 265 authorised touchpoints across 160 cities in India. Kia Motors India will also digitalise its sales and service offerings enabling a hassle-free ownership experience. As Kia Motors India proceed further, the company is all set to increase the number of its touchpoints and committed to offer its service to even tier 4 markets along with tier 1,2 and 3.