Hyundai Motor India Ltd, the country’s leading premium car manufacturer and the largest passenger car exporter today, unveiled India’s most awaited stylish, powerful and dynamic SUV – ‘CRETA’.
The CRETA marks Hyundai’s entry in growing SUV segment with strong product offering boosting Hyundai’s product line up to a robust 10 product portfolio. Hyundai is set to redefine the SUV segment with its globally acclaimed & much appreciated “Fluidic Sculpture 2.0” design, superior driving dynamics, high end safety features along with robust body structure, multiple powertrain options & engineering excellence that has gone into making of CRETA.
SAFE AND RIGID BODY
The body shell of CRETA has been designed and developed with advanced engineering techniques and usage of high quality material like ultra-high tensile steel so as to ensure best in class body rigidity, structural strength and crash performance.
The ‘Hive Structure’ of CRETA offers a robust yet lightweight body structure with strong dynamics and enhanced safety. The body shell of CRETA scores high on overall strength and rigidity and is set to be a new benchmark for this segment.
The CRETA features a revolutionary ultra-high tensile steel body structure that enables the SUV to significantly enhance both performance and efficiency. The robust SUV benefits protection in all directions from the “Ring-Shaped Frames”. Each pillar, including the centre pillar, body side frames and bottom are positioned in a ring-like layout, all connected to form a protective shell. The ring-structure frame design realizes a significant increase in body stiffness, which contributes to more precise handling while maintaining excellent ride quality. This enhances safety and protection by adding strength, rigidity and durability.
The CRETA has outstanding NVH characteristics by the use of enhanced sound absorption materials and improved engineering design of engine, transmission and body structural parts. Multiple measures have been taken to contain NVH to barely perceptible trace levels like higher thickness of dash panel, anti-vibration pads on floor panel, optimization of central floor tunnel area rigidity etc.
“Hive Structure” benefits & Highlights:
- High Body rigidity with ring structure design for enhanced structural safety, improved durability , ride & handling and improved crash performance
- Enhanced body endurance & crash performance comprising high proportion of Advanced High Strength steel (AHSS) & Ultra High Strength Steel (UHSS)
- Reinforced roof structure with multiple cross members for enhanced strength and more loading capacity
- Improved crash performance both frontal & side with addition of dash cross member, use of larger diameter weld joints & use of reinforced side members having tailor welded beams (TWB) on door panels
- Front end bolted type modular structure to reduce the maintenance cost
- Low NVH with detail optimization of dash panel, center floor tunnel, anti-vibration pads and dash insulators.
Engine and Transmission
CRETA is equipped with the most powerful yet efficient powertrain and is available with a choice of petrol 1.6 Dual VTVT and U2 1.4 CRDi & U2 1.6 CRDi VGT diesel engines. The engines have been tuned for best performance and high fuel efficiency.
The 6 speed Manual and Automatic transmission (in 1.6 CRDi VGT) offer the customers blend of high performance & enhanced driving pleasure.
- The powerful 1.6 Gamma Dual VTVT petrol engine offers 123 PS power with high fuel efficiency
- 1.6 CRDi VGT (MT/AT) Diesel engine offers the best in class power of 128 PS
- The Automatic Transmission with 1.6 CRDi VGT is a first- in segment diesel AT offering and would redefine SUV driving experience for the Indian customer