Nissan introduced a new variant of its Micra CVT Automatic hatchback with a view to make the Xtronic CVT Technology closer to buyers in the automatic segment. The Micra CVT Automatic will now be available in a new XL variant, which is positioned just below the top-of-the-line XV variant.
The occasion also marks the announcement of the new limited edition Nissan Micra X-Shift, based on the XL variant, to celebrate the 5thanniversary of globally popular hatchback. Micra X-Shift is limited to 750 units and will come with added style and convenience features.
Unveiling the Nissan Micra X-shift, Guillaume Sicard, President – Nissan India Operations said, “The demand for automatic cars has risen to over 3.5% in the last two years from less than 1% in FY12. Nissan is a pioneer when it comes to Xtronic CVT Technology and with the introduction of the XL grade in our CVT range; we aim to make this technology more accessible to our buyers.”
New Micra CVT Automatic XL variant is competitively priced and will be available at the following prices:
|Variants||Ex-Showroom Delhi||Ex-Showroom Mumbai|
|Micra CVT Automatic XL||INR 6,39,990||INR 6,67,782|
The Micra X-Shift will be available at no extra cost. The top-of-the-line Micra CVT Automatic XV variant will continue to be sold at INR, 6,93,100 (ex-showroom Delhi)
NEW NISSAN MICRA CVT AUTOMATIC XL
The New Micra CVT Automatic XL variant comes equipped with Nissan’s efficient Xtronic CVT automatic gearbox, making Micra the first, and the only, car in its segment to sport one. Xtronic CVT Technology delivers an ARAI certified fuel efficiency of 19.34kmpl in the Micra, which is better than any automatic hatchback in its class. It is also more fun to drive with no shift shock during acceleration compared to conventional automatic transmissions.
Xtronic CVT transmission comes with Adaptive Shift Control (ASC) with three modes for Sporty, Normal and Economy oriented driving. The technology predicts driver’s requirements and delivers the optimum shift pattern to achieve both fuel economy and drivability. The ‘Sport’ mode, which can be activated via a button on the shift lever, gives an extra boost to the car’s performance.
The new XL CVT variant comes with all features of the XL variant plus standard Antilock Braking System (ABS), Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD) and Brake Assist (BA). Additions to the interior include a new premium steering wheel and also a convenient driver’s arm rest.
NEW NISSAN MICRA X-SHIFT
The announcement of this new variant also marks Micra’s 5th Anniversary in India. Nissan’s premium hatchback was the first locally manufactured product in India, launched in July 2010. To celebrate this milestone, the new Micra CVT Automatic XL will also be available in a Limited Edition X-Shift trim.
The X-Shift will be limited to 750 units and will come with a raft of exciting features to jazz up the driving experience:
- Premium matte black roof wrap and side decals add an athletic touch
- Chrome exhaust tip finisher adds sportiness to the rear
- Branded floor mats, silver-finished door armrests and premium LED scuff plates enliven up the interior
- Reverse parking sensors for ease of parking
To top it off, an X-shift decal adds distinction to this limited edition. All these features are being offered at no extra cost.
About Nissan Micra
- The Micra has a heritage spanning over 35 years and is currently in its fourth generation
- The first generation was launched in 1982 as the Nissan March in Japan. The name March was the result of a public poll
- The name Micra is derived out of the word ‘micro’
- Micra is available in more than 80 countries across the globe and has sold more than 6 million units so far
- Micra was the first locally produced Nissan model in India. Production started in 2010
- The current Micra was given a refresh in the year 2013, with styling changes inside out and introduction of CVT gearbox
- Micra has established its credentials by winning many awards and accolades worldwide. Among others, the Micra was awarded the top spot in VDS in India
- It is also the number one car exported out of India in 2014, with 76,120 units exported in FY14