Sets new benchmark in Safety with highest ever rating for a body-on-frame SUV
Mahindra announced that its legendary SUV, the All-New Thar has been awarded the 4-Star Safety Rating by Global NCAP. The All-New Thar has set a new benchmark in safety with highest ever rating for a body-on-frame SUV tested by Global NCAP so far. Infact, All-New Thar has scored highest point in child safety in cars tested by Global NCAP so far.
The official Global NCAP test for the All-New Thar was conducted in Germany recently.
In its all-new avatar, the Thar is a quantum leap in terms of performance, everyday comfort & convenience, technology and safety, as it stays true to its core promise of unmatched off-roading capability and builds on its iconic design. The company has successfully retained the iconic design, proportions, off-road capability, top options and still achieved high safety in the All-New Thar. It is equipped with an excellent range of active & passive safety features to keep all passengers secure.
The passive and active safety features offered in the All-New Thar include:
- Electronic Stability Programme with Anti-Rollover Protection
- Crash-safety compliant vehicle structure (body and chassis)
- Dual Airbags
- ABS with Electronic Brake Force Distribution and Hydraulic Brake Assist
- 3-Point Seat Belts for Rear Passengers
- ISOFIX Mounts for Child Seats on Rear Seats
- Panic Braking Signal during Emergency Braking
- Built-in Roll-cage for Overhead Protection in case of a Rollover
- Passenger Airbag Deactivation Switch
- Seat Belt Reminder
- Speed Sensing Auto Locking Front Door Locks
- Vehicle Over-speed Audio Warning
- Hill Hold & Hill Descent Control for tackling Steep Slopes
- Rear Parking Sensors
At Mahindra, safety is at the very heart of all its vehicles. The XUV300 has established a new benchmark in terms of vehicle safety in India having been awarded a 5-star rating by Global NCAP and topped Global NCAP’s six-year safety rankings, making the XUV300 the safest among all the vehicles tested by Global NCAP between 2014 and 2020. The Marazzo was also certified with a strong 4 star rating by Global NCAP for Adult Occupation Protection. In fact, Mahindra was the first and only manufacturer in India to be awarded the “Safer Choice Award” by GNCAP.